Friday, July 4, 2014

BCBR Day 6 - Ups, downs, bacon and beer

‎I think I'm getting older. Actually this shouldn't be a surprise, I'm pretty sure that part is happening - but you feel it more on day 6 of racing. 

But for every day you get older, maybe you get wiser too. Bear with me on this one - I'm getting dropped on the climbs earlier and by riders I've never seen earlier in the week. But - I seem do be going faster on the downhills, to the extent that it actually negates climbing like a sack of potatoes.

If the was a day to enjoy the downhills, it was today in Squamish. Rupert's Trail, Half Nelson, and Tsudo Psuga are built to put an anaerobic-smile on your face and be consciously thankful that ‎you ride a bike, all while mid-berm.

They had the best Bacon Feed on course today, the guy knew his bacon. Definitely the best I've seen with perfect combination of crispy and juicy. It reminded me of the post-race beer garden, which we made sure to hit in anticipation of "stage 8" tomorrow. Only a 20km blast through whistler stands in its way now...

No comments:

Post a Comment