I pulled off the full month of January cycle commute, observed the commuter Olympics in the flesh, how an entire demographic can press on so hard and so pointlessly is beyond me. But they do, and as a moderately-fit and capable cyclist myself, how they persist at their pace boggles my mind.
Come February, I got back on the bike for weekends and weeknights. I don't think the weather has fully cooperated, but I try not to complain about that part. It just is what it is. Given that situation, I tried to make most of it and found some real fun getting out on the MTB, up to the point of even some night rides. Winter trails in and around Calgary hold a world totally unlike that of the summer - I'm still not sure if I enjoy them just as much... Or possibly more. All it takes is a little creative layering for the sake of warmth.
Then I've been settling into the inevitable computrainer routine to bridge the gap to snow melt and race season. As terrible as they are, done properly I find the time pays off. This last week I downloaded the PerfPro software, which simulates all the benefits of a studio in your own basement - and adds a nice automated dimension to the whole process.
And... That brings us to the first day of March. Fat Tire Ale has always been one of my favorite beer, enjoyed only on on trips to the states. I've possibly even gone far enough to claim it was the definitive fave. So when I heard it was coming to Calgary this week... I might have overreacted a little. But why not reward a little for the extra computrainer hours and enjoy some prolonged time indoors? Exactly! Besides, I'm pretty sure these won't see their expiry date. If the weather doesn't turn, no complaints from me.

who sells Fat Tire now?
ReplyDelete