I decided that aside from becoming fitter, smarter, funnier, more organized, better to the environment and better smelling, I should probablly do something to push myself out of my comfort zone a bit. And now that I am living outside the downtown core, I decided that the thing to do would be bike-commute to work - and do it every day for the month of January.
This is sort of an off the deep-end approach. In spite of countless hours spent cycling, I have never relied on it as transportation. That is part of the appeal to try commuting and see how the utilitarian usage would bridge between the means of enjoyment. The jury is still out on that one... I have ridden the only two work days so far and my emotions range from fleeting joy to short-tempered frustration.
Hey Shawn - It is Houston Peschl (Cafe Racers) we had some fun at CX this year!
ReplyDeletei was hoping to grab coffee some day and chat about a few things...1. ATB and the 20mil Poverty Fund i am launching, 2. Road Racing 3. A 100 mile race I am doing in St George in march.
send me an email houstonpeschl AT GMAIl