Monday, February 6, 2012

Baggin' a Moose Mission

A 29’er is not a freeride bike.

 

Yesterday I could not resist an attempt at finding some dry on Moose Mtn.

I went up the road, which is in excellent condition – dry on the sunny shoulders and thin hardpack everywhere else. 50% snow coverage.

Unfortunately, the trails have much more snow than expected. Pnuema & The Shaft are both snowed in.

Word from a group of freeriders at the bottom was “Billy Dog is dry dirt”

 

“Dry dirt” may be a little optimistic. I found the first 200M dry, then the rest a 50/50 combo of dry dirt and “icy tire rut of death”

Apparently a 2.5” freeride tire still offers some traction advantages.

Death luge aside, anything dry-ish was so fun that it almost seemed worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Hard core. Was that the maiden voyage for that bike?

    ReplyDelete