From the approximately 12 people that read this blog – I always get good feedback on the decaffeination posts. I also get asked by those same people where the blog has gone, so I figured I would honor them and torture myself by making this official “Day 1” of re-vitalized blog/de-vitalized me…
I drink a lot of coffee.
I’m not saying it to impress, just stating a fact. The above pictured stovetop-espresso is 6-shots (3 doubles) and my weekend pre-ride norm is to drink two of them. Weekdays are no better when your routine is a large Shot In The Dark just to get to the “normal” threshold, followed by a return trip an hour later to adjust the dosage.
So this week the strategy is simple – we can do this together. One regular drip cup in the morning and when the craving strikes, distract my fiending brain cells on this blog or something productive. Day one is pretty rough so far - I have a pounding headache. Jokes that I know are funny bring no smile to my face. Even the physical act of walking down the hallway seems to require inordinate amounts of concentration and effort. But this will all be worth it, first for the rush of freedom from breaking the bounds of dependency - and next from the exhilaration of experiencing it again, just like the first time.
Stay Tuned…

No comments:
Post a Comment