I've been chatting with Emma Pooley. She leads the women's race, and today commented: "you really are picking up as the week goes on"
Clarification: Emma has smoked my ass up every climb. But the last couple days we have been in the same group.
I don't think I'm speeding up, I'm just wearing down less quickly that those around me. Classic stage race strategy. Today however, it doesn't feel like anyone could feel more worn out than me. I'm shattered, but putting on a smile for the cameras now.
We are at La Toussuire. Another french ski resort, another mountain top finish, and another sweet high alpine destination. The climb here did me in today - but we are back in the Savoie region of France, home of some great cooking and regional cusine. I had 3 chicken legs for lunch.
Just another 160km day with 3 massive climbs tomorrow....


No comments:
Post a Comment