Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BCBR day 4 - ...

‎Woke up at 6am to catch breakfast, and then got to take the water-taxi ‎instead of a ferry. This saved me time, as I arrived at 8:30 to Earl's Cove and  the ferry was not scheduled to arrive until 10:00

I took time sitting in shade and getting ready, then it was announced the ferry was delayed and start time now would be 11:45, right in the heat of the day.

I was conscious of the heat (around 30 degrees) and legs that felt less than stellar, so ‎started a little slower - hoping to pick up speed later on as others faded from heat and effort.

Unfortunately the pick-up never happened and the heat dragged on - singletrack seemed less enjoyable, and kilometer by kilometer I awaited the end. 

Finished feeling wrecked - I have decided to man-down from a 32T to a 30T single-ring up front (11-36 cassette), apparently as the days go on, this thing called fatigue ‎makes stomping a 32x36 seem less desirable.

Hours, shade, McDonald's, and several water bottles later - I am coming back around. Tomorrow should be shorter, earlier, and more fun. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment