Friday, June 14, 2013

Banff Bike Fest - Prologue

Weekend is off to a good start. Made here by 5:00, with lots of time so rolled around with Jared before our 7:50-8:00ish starts.

I won the Prologue... For a while.
I left everything on the table, finished in a level of destroyed that you can only reach in 2:31 of utter exertion.

Returned to the start to watch the results and came dangerously close to puking for about 5 minutes. I was the leader but some heavy hitters were to come. As time passed I regained coherence and retained the lead.

I was super pumped. Especially flying the Deadgoat colors at this race. Did the podium and got the leaders jersey for tomorrow. We had dinner with Craig which was awesome to see him off for the 'Divide tomorrow. I was just loving the whole night, off to a great start!

Received a call from the timing folks on the drive home. They made one timing mistake with a fellow who happened to be the winner. Photo evidence from the line was indisputable. I am second.

Serious buzz kill - but it would have also been for the winner, who missed out on the cloud 9 of podium ceremony and all the other festivities. It was his win and that's no good to miss out on either.

No comments:

Post a Comment