Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Trails Win

After a productive but uninspiring day, I decided to hit some trails after work in search of inspiration.

First up was the connector between Edworthy and Sarcee, on the hillside we witnessed burning before our eyes last Friday on the way out to Salmon Arm. I expected to find only charred remains, but to my pleasant surprise was the trail, rising through the ashes unscathed.

There was an eerie symbolism to the sight - the green grass fringes standing in contrast against the scorched earth. I don't know how it happened, but the trail's defiance resonated with me somehow... Like when situations seam bleak or lost, the things that counts most are still there.

Later on and after some more trail time, I made my way through Side Show Bob and was pleased to discover an all-new trail bypassing the dirt jump bog. I was impressed with the handiwork of the builders, and that will become a great fixture as it wears in over the months to come. One trail born and one trail lives on tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment