Saturday, August 11, 2012

Breck Epic Day Zero

We're sitting in a mexican restaurant, main street Breckenridge. Funky jazz beats are pumping through the speakers, young locals and Denver-city types alike pack the tiny space. New belgian friend Thomas and I each just took down the Happy hour 3-taco special and a burrito apiece. Staff guy here clearly has no worries in life as he rocks out all around, and can't believe we did it. I wasn't even really hungry, just feeling the vibe.

I don't feel high after a 1hr punt around local trails today, in fact I might even have felt good, which wouldn't make sense after the drive. But who can tell when our base altitude is 9600ft and I've never ridden higher than that in my life!

The locals seem nice, and my day was made when I went to the Shimano neutral support to tighten bearings on a pedal. Apparently it's just easier to walk away with new pedals, top-notch support!

Everyone is super happy and excited to race tomorrow. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment