Video love from yesterday - check out minute 2:45 - I am just trying not to flat again!
http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/249658-2012-Breck-Epic-Stage-Race/video/653309-Breck-Epic-Stage-5-Wheeler-PassThis morning I awoke tired - far beyond the potential assistance of conventional stimulants. 3 coffees and some Red Bull later, I rolled over to the start relieved that today would be short.
Raced decent, and enjoyed some of the nicest trails of the week. Today had a PBR feed at the last summit, I took a sip and continued down trying not to flat or crash. I finally managed to beat some guys on singlespeeds (only some though) This doesn't sound like a feat at all, but the top single speed riders this week have been stomping their way daily into the top 5 overall. I needed 5 days and 19 more gears to do it.
I have thoroughly enjoyed this week, but the racing has been hard. I am glad it is over:
-Breckenridge town is nice, not too big and nice people.
-Race organization and production has been excellent, simultaneously the most relaxed and most organized I have seen.
-The altitude experience. I have suffered more each day this week then I can remember, gone to bed more exhausted and awakened less recovered.
-Trails have made me appreciate the quality of Alberta riding. The two are not really comparable, but we have a lot to be proud of.
I intended to have two beers with my lunch to celebrate today. I got drunk off the first one, couldn't finish the second, and now have a mild headache. Tonight will be interesting...
No comments:
Post a Comment