Thursday, July 22, 2010

July Update

I have been riding my bike lots this month. This was the plan for the year: to live the life, the dream, the routine of a legitimately competitive bike racer for the summer - and still hold on the 'ol day job. So far so good, it has been exactly one month since Nationals and the start of "go time" but it's been 6 months in the making and the final verdict on the job/performance ratio maximization will probably be decided some time in the next week.
I figure everyone gets their 15 minutes of fame once a year. I might have had mine on Friday:


Canadian cyclist already has my perspective here:
http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=19620

Sometimes these short races like the white rock hill climb are a bit of a freak show because some wild cards can always do well, and I guess I had enough of that in me that night!
The white rock weekend went pretty well for our whole Total Restoration team, James Sparling had a very solid crit ride to lap the field (with a pro-tour rider nonetheless) and between the two of us were the only non-pro racers on the podium all weekend.
Cascade Classic is on deck now. It's hot here and the racing is fast...

1 comment:

  1. You're a machine. And you've kept a good day job... that's not a bad version of living the dream!

    ReplyDelete