Monday, May 3, 2010

Velocity Stage Race

Velocity Stage Race

I love Time Trials. The best part about them is showing up on time, having all of the right gear installed on your bike the night before, and heading out for a thorough warm-up with plenty of time left to get to the start line.

Saturday morning I failed to accomplish all of those objectives, and what could have been a pleasurable (pleasurable within the TT context means horrifically painful) 10Km TT was an awkward 13 minutes where I even managed to underachieve my traditionally unspectacular TT Prowess. I really had to win a crit or RR now.

The Crit was very enjoyable, especially my front-row seat behind Brad I can ride my bike sideways Clifford whose crash avoidance techniques were the most exciting part of the night. Finished in the pack after

I was really hoping for some action (redemption) in the road race, but with HRB and ERTC eyeing each other closely to defend their GC placings, the race was relatively neutral until the last lap. With 10km remaining I found myself solo off the front maybe this was my best hope for the day, as the pack was likely discussing my TT prowess at the very same moment. Over the course of a few minutes I contemplated how ripped my legs were compared to Cancellara. The conclusion was that yes; his were more ripped and no; I would not attempt a 10km solo for the win. Finished 3rd in the wake of a well-timed Sadamson attack and the rest is history...

1 comment:

  1. at least thinking of Cancellara's legs would have cheered you up. That would have cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete