Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Office attire 101: Always wear a shirt.

Office attire 101: Always wear a shirt.

Four mid-twenties men in suits enter the elevator of a Calgary office building.

They are joined by a middle-aged man.

Mid-twenties man: Good Morning

Middle-aged man looks around, grunts: No ties, eh? (Looks at a mid-twenties man next to him) Well at least you’re wearing a shirt That’s a good start

Four mid-twenties men look bewildered, smile nervously.

Middle aged man: must be nice these days (grumble grumble) working government

Elevator opens and middle-aged man exits.

This morning I made a game-time decision. It was the first weekday in six months I haven’t worn a tie. In Calgarys Oil and Gas driven corporate culture, you could say this puts you more in the norm than outside of it.

Tomorrow - no socks?

1 comment:

  1. Stick with it dude. I've been on the no-tie train for a year and I'm loving it!

    This is Calgary, not London, no tie is totally acceptable...

    ReplyDelete