We rode some primo north shore classics today - Severed D!ck, Pipeline, etc. Craig and I were pretty succesful on the uphills, only to get smoked on the downhills by a handful of teams. Pretty vanilla details, today was less than two hours...
The real race event was tonight around 5pm - warm up with a few minutes of goat cheese salad, then it was on to a five lap extravaganza of greek orzo salad, potato salad (with whipping cream base, I am convinced) lasagna, and quarter-chickens in mushrooms and gravy. Just when I was fading, Bam! Herbed chilled salmon! The food so far is unreal, all we need to do is burn enough calories during the day, because I am pretty sure I am still putting on weight right now...
We had some suprising support on the side of the course today, recognized a few volunteers (thanks to Dik and Guy for the cheers). Craig is getting his own brand of recognition - guys are starting to just refer to him as 'Burns'.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
BCBR Day 1 - a good time, not a long time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment