Thursday, August 11, 2016

Life

‎I'm sitting outside, having ridden all of about 300m before another summer thunderstorm soaked me. Like so much lately, I feel stumped.

Sometimes you can't get what you want - but what you need. The summer has been busy, I'm getting married in two weeks. I'm more excited about that part than anything else in my life. Even compared to everything I know about bikes, I know this decision is going to be a winner.

Still, I'm struggling without constant pillars of stability during a time of change. Racing is a big one of those, as it has been for about 20 years. This year I feel like a fish that has been yanked way out of water by... life.

Weddings, stags, home renos, two jobs, and trying to plan a wedding take it out you.‎ Or do they put it into you? This is life too, and it draws on a lot of confidence to let go and embrace new directions. Someone told me last week about defining themselves through many ways. I agree with this, and would not deem any other life apsect to be lacking. Change without one constant is just tough.

It's actually been a great riding year - I'm currently batting 3/8 for racing, and if the year was judged on those, it would be a success with some of those being defining moments - it's just been few and far between.

You can't take that away, it will come back. If I got to the end of it all and missed the rest, I would be lamenting that too.‎ When life serves you up a thundershower, sometimes it's just cleansing your mind to focus on what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment