Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Forced Dismount

I am trying to spin easily - but there is a rider on the horizon.

My first natural instinct is to chase and find out who it may be. I realize 2 things: If it is someone I know, I will never catch them without going hard. If I catch them, it will be someone I don’t know to visit with.

Somewhere in that thought process, there is a calming life reflection.

                          

I have been forced onto the road bike tonight by some unforeseen events, but what a beautiful night for it. Beautiful fall colors in Springbank met by the perfect temperature with a hint of crispness underlying the warm late day sun. A camera-phone will never capture this feeling in our lifetime.

 

The road bike is comforting when it provides nothing other than smooth pedal circles and tarmac to interfere with your thoughts. The last 3 weeks have seemed like a flurry of cross riding, tire-gluing, and long weekend-days spent racing and driving. It was a nice opportunity to reset and focus on the second month of the season.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment