Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend-One-Ride

An email was sent out by Craig on Friday night, requesting an 8:30 meeting to ride the next morning.
I instinctively rejected the notion as obscenely early, then caved so I could ride early, quick, and spend the rest of day visiting family in town.

Mountain bike speed exotica was the order of the day, Craig on his "Divide Spec" carbon-rimmed, rigid-forked hardtail, Kate on her new Trek "if its black&red&lightwieght its on here" racing bike for 2013. I brought out my comparatively sedate 19-pound rigid for the occasion.

Below freezing temperatures and ice crystals actually made for perfect trail conditions - everything that wasn't dust-dry was frozen mud. I felt odd riding over trail that looked like mud, but didn't splash and has sand-paper traction.

This is probably (hopefully) the end of this weather - but I'll take it where I can.

3 comments:

  1. Shawn,
    do you plan to race at Banff Bike Fest this year?
    Cuylar Conly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cuylar. Yes - Banff is very high on my list this year. Had a great time there last year and its a great local road event for us.

      Delete
  2. It wasn't the end of that weather unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete