I love Park Tools.
This probably doesn't make me special - they make great tools, and always the best for the job when its time to work on bikes. So they are the natural choice for any aspiring home-mechanics (or professional home-mechanics, but that's another story...)
On the spectrum of bicycle tools, certain items come early and obviously. Others are less frequently used, more specialized, and ironically enough - more expensive.
So I have caved and bought a headset press. In particular this is needed at the initial purchase of a bike and not often thereafter. Headset standards are even trending away from press-in tech, but it was the rise of press-fit bottom brackets (and their low-durability) that pushed me across the line.
So now I have it. Had I done this ten years ago, my amortization cycle would be well documented by now. But here's to future decades and bikes to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment