"Tree Sling" def: a) an occasionally used MTB climbing technique, comprising the grabbing of adjacent trees to stabilize balance or augment forward movement on loose or steep climbs. b) a technique I used on every available tree for several minutes today to survive.
First mass start day in a nutshell - neutral rollout behind local firetruck / random pack dude attacks the neutral rollout / insanely steep jeep road climb / leader rides a single-ring up said climb twice as fast as I can struggle in my 26 / climbing continues on single track / climbing gets steep and hot, tree slinging ensues / I descend like a garbage truck / back is sore, this sucks, I think I am 20th / I want a nap and DQ / Deadgoat cheering section is awesome and helps a bit / I see two riders up a big hike-a-bike and now I am motivated / I climb better and catch some more / I am 9th.
Other Deadgoats in a nutshell - Erik had an awesome day, felt great, beat lots of impressive benchmarks / Devin & Geoff had a less-awesome day / Pat & Craig carry the torch but Pat was disappointed not to crush devin's spirits "legitimately"
I seem to be starting slow, and racing way faster when in sight of others. I think it's just perception though.
Preemptive blizzard this afternoon to warm up for tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The deadgoat cheering crew got reviews from even non 'goat riders. Very impressive team spirit.
ReplyDelete