Friday, May 25, 2012

Life is better on a bike.

Last night I went for a bicycle ride.

It was cold. I got rained on, I got hailed on (twice), My legs hurt and were pedaling squares after not riding for a week.

I saw an Eagle. I saw a family of five foxes, and two hawks perched roadside.

It was the best three hours of my last week.

 

Life is good, but it still helps to have that little bit of sanity you get from an old familiar sensation.

And when life is busy and confusing, it’s hard to remember that feeling – but it’s always there.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love Alberta stormy days that are warm enough to ride - it's only you and the wild life out there. Some of my best memories on bikes fall into that category - and great thinking time too.

    ReplyDelete