Okay – this has gone far enough.
I am well-tempted to just let this Blog slip into oblivion unnoticed, which wouldn’t be hard to do after almost a year of neglect. But there is just one problem: according to Shinystat, at least 5 of you continue to come here every week. Which makes this the blog equivalent of a coma patient on life support, but with that one believer who keeps bedside vigil just in case something miraculous happens.
I’m not going to wait for anything noteworthy to write about (that’s why we read blogs, not newspapers) or waste any time trying to explain what I’ve been doing for 8 months (eating cookies, since you asked). I’m just going to get into it and pick up the pieces as we go along.
On the theme of re-starts, it’s almost June so after what seems like an eternity I finally kicked off with my first race of the year yesterday at the Givr8er. The Deadgoats put on an awesome race, the weather was top notch, and everyone was happy. So much of a different attitude at these endurance events Vs. a championship style race, it’s nice to be around people that are all pumped to ride their bikes and take it as seriously as they want to. Here’s the Highlight reel:
-I rode really hard for one lap. Then I paid the price for the next 7 laps trying to hold the bluff.
-It wasn’t a real XC race, but it was good to test out fitness and push the limits again.
-Previous comment aside, I figure COP makes for one of the hardest courses because it’s full gas, all the time. You’re always on your guard.
-I was racing in a co-ed team of 2, but we did pretty well and were second overall. Thanks to Kate for picking up the second half and teaming up on short notice.
-Some people were way more prepared than just leaning 8 bottles and a pump against a tree. Thanks for letting me eat your cookies.
-Packing chain lube in your feed kit: priceless. Even though there was only 100m of mud on the course.
-I really missed mountain bike racing, glad there is WAY more of that to come this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment