Monday, March 29, 2010

Case of the Mondays...

Fact – Monday’s are the most-read day in blogworld. My Shinystat weekly report tells me so, and my very limited knowledge of human behavior agrees that Monday is the day of the week where “anything on the internet” is suddenly much more important and entertaining than whatever you are being paid to do at that moment.
I feel bad for letting down all the morning-coffee surfers for the last two weeks, so before it’s too late I will try to salvage my favor with the ADHD crowd on this monday. If you are cast adrift in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, it might be 8am right now. You should probablly make beter use of that internet connection though...
I have no idea where winter went in Calgary. I haven’t seen snow in over a month, I’m getting sunburns on weekend rides, and now that Daylight savings time kicked in after-work rides are in full swing. Contrary to the (lack of) evidence posted here, I have also acquired new forms of photo-documenting this action: blackberry camera phone and my new water & shockproof Pentax W80 (it’s 33.3% better than the W60. Duh.) Unfortunately I have had both these for over two weeks now and still haven’t figured out how to actually upload the pictures. So if a picture is worth a thousand words, I will give you 1/10 of that effect the old fashioned way:

-Devin Erfle came out riding last weekend. He has twins now so it was even more impressive that he beat me in the Bragg Creek sprint. Riding your bike is seriously overrated; I guess when you double the number of mouths you have to feed, the rest of the world is just slow by comparison…
-It’s F’ing windy this month. Who needs mountain passes when you can grind out your 23 for 10km and still only average 20km/h on the flats?
-Countdown to Europe is T minus 96 hours. I am going to race on a small Belgian club team that only does kermises’ and will make me hard as nails. Psyche – I am going eat frites, drink beer, and stand on the side of the Kappelmuur until I become hard as nails through cultural osmosis.
-way more blog posts and a play-by-play of me pretending to be euro will follow.
-It’s still two months until the road season really starts. Better make it frites with mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment